Centralise Camera

Started by jennieelectrix, July 30, 2019, 06:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jennieelectrix

I feel like this should be a simple fix but I can't seem to figure it out.

I use KeyShot to render 360 animations of products. The products are all different shapes and sizes, so the camera position and zoom etc. change depending on which product it is (so they've all got different saved camera settings), but they're all placed on the same pivot point. 

Is there any way of centralising the camera easily? I've tried 'Set Camera Target' but it's difficult to get it dead on the centre of the model.

Thanks  :)

mattjgerard

I will usually use a sphere as the camera target and change the location of that to point my camera. Its a trick I pulled from using null objects in Cinema 4d. Works pretty good, as you can assign an em missive material to it and uncheck SEEN BY CAMERA to hide it. You can easily then control the camera target with the coordinates system or just drag it around.

Eric Summers

Quote from: mattjgerard on July 30, 2019, 07:23:09 AM
I will usually use a sphere as the camera target and change the location of that to point my camera. Its a trick I pulled from using null objects in Cinema 4d. Works pretty good, as you can assign an em missive material to it and uncheck SEEN BY CAMERA to hide it. You can easily then control the camera target with the coordinates system or just drag it around.

I do essentially the same thing, however I just hide and lock my helper object. Once I set the camera target to the helper object, hiding and locking it doesn't seem to cause any issues.
So you have a couple ways to achieve the same result you can try out!