[RESOLVED] pivot bug

Started by andy.engelkemier, August 14, 2019, 10:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

This thing has been around Forever. Is it just not possible to fix?

If you type a change, it uses 0,0,0. I don't think this effects translation really, but if you rotate or scale, and your part Isn't on 0,0,0 then you're going to have a bad time.
I'm just trying to scale an object in one direction. But it's snapping to values that are too high. So I went to type it and my part is gone. Well, it's not. It's just that it scaled toward zero.
Shouldn't scale and rotate always be object based? I don't understand why it's based on world zero no matter the object's position. I've moved my object -798177 (that's actually where it came from Revit and isn't my model) so doing Anything with numbers is problematic. But even if my object was at a more respectable -7.98 the problem would exist. I would go to rotate the object, and realize I need a number like -7.25 and just can't do that. I'd be able to get something close like -7.19, but that's it.

This is considered a bug right? I don't think Anyone types in scale or rotate and expects their part to move as well.

mattjgerard

Don't get me started on this, I think this was one of my first issues with KS back on version 6. These coordinates and scales should not zero out. Ever. The transformation should be visible and recallable by clicking the part/group. If you type 180 on the Y, sometimes it zeros out the Y and changes the X and Z. The part does what it is supposed to, but it does it the opposite way of what you intended. Same for scaling. Alos, if you rotate something with the bands and the move tool, its changes the positioning coordinates even thought it is rotate around the axis. You can select Local or Global in the move widget floating plane, but it still does it.

So yeah, bug as far as I'm concered.

Bruno F

Hello andy.engelkeimer,

Thank you for your feedback. I'll be sure to forward it to the right department.

Justin A

Due to inactivity on this post it will be set to RESOLVED and closed. If you are still having the same issues please open a new thread on the forum or contact us direct at Support@luxion.com

Thank you