3D model from Rhino

Started by Gabik87, September 09, 2019, 07:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabik87

Dear all,
sometime when importing Rhinoceros geometries with curved surfaces, they are not very smoot, but they are scaled. So this affects the perfection of my render.

where should i fix it? In Rhino, and how?
or there's a button like blender to modified the surface of imported object?

Thanks

NM-92

Hi. Somewhere in Rhino settings you can set the quality of your mesh. I think by default is set to "jagged and faster" and you can set it to "smooth and slower". This affects the performance of your viewport but you can do this just before exporting to have better surfaces and/or curves

Gabik87

Thanks for your answer!
But if I have a nurbs object?

Gabik87

NM-92

It's just a different kind of mesh. This setting actually works for all geometry in the viewport i think. Just try it out and see how it works for you.

RRIS

Quote from: Gabik87 on September 09, 2019, 07:38:17 AM
Thanks for your answer!
But if I have a nurbs object?

Gabik87

Are you importing your Rhino files as .3dm files? If so, you can select 'import NURBS data' in your import window. That way, you can select your model and re-tesselate it from within Keyshot, which will allow you to add as much detail to each imported object as you need.. during or after importing your model (which is nice, because now you can keep working with it in Rhino on lower performance settings). Or, you can select 'Always render as NURBS', which will cause the geometry not to show ANY jagged edges anymore (downsides are that render times increase and that you cannot use the rounded edges feature anymore.

simplyrhino

In general in NURBS modellers (like Rhino) you need meshes to display the shaded, rendered views etc.  You will need meshes for visualisation. Hence the mesh settings mentioned above. When you use the 'Import NURBS' option in KS you are then creating and adjusting the mesh settings in KeyShot rather than in Rhino.