[RESOLVED] Crash on save

Started by Nicklas Holmgren, August 21, 2019, 02:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicklas Holmgren

Hi!

Still trying to solve the problem but seemed best to write a post as well since time is critical.

I am having keyshot crash when I try to save after importing a scene that was made in Maya and exported as FBX. I've tried exporting the FBX in a variety of different ways but I still can't save the Keyshot file. Importing the scene with the FBX file works great - the scene and animations are all imported correctly. It's just not possible to save the project in Keyshot.

Event Viewer has this to say:
Faulting application name: keyshot.exe, version: 7.3.40.0, time stamp: 0x5ad88a11
Faulting module name: luxgeometry_nurbs.so, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ad88897
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000d332
Faulting process id: 0x1bd4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d557fe7210b73a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\KeyShot7\bin\keyshot.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\KeyShot7\bin\luxgeometry_nurbs.so
Report Id: cec8cd84-fbda-4d05-92d7-8c02e43cc3e5
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I'm running Keyshot 7.3 Pro on a Ryzen 2700X 8 core, 32gb ram etc.

Any tips would be very appreciated. I'm not sure what luxgeometry_nurbs.so is for. Could it be that there's a piece of geometry in the scene that causes the issue?

Nicklas Holmgren

Resolved pretty quickly, thread can probably be locked.

In case it's of use to someone else:

The problem with the scene was not the tens of millions of polygon geometry but rather that there were two Maya CV curves in the scene. When I had removed the CV curves before exporting the FBX file everything worked perfectly.