Wireframe being displayed using curvature node

Started by Jesse.Art, August 23, 2019, 08:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse.Art

The wireframe is displayed when using the curvature node. Is this expected? If not, can I get rid of it?

Ryan Day

Does the model render as a smooth surface with a different material on it? Right now it looks faceted as if it is "flat shaded" instead of smooth shaded, which points to an issue with the normals set up. If that is indeed the case, the curvature node is just calculating the angle difference between the facets, rather than the "normal" curvature of the surface as a whole because the normals are not set up properly.

If it does render smooth with other materials, then I'm not sure what the issue would be.

RRIS

I tend to get unsmoothed geometry when I import STL files. It's not always noticeable until you put a very reflective material on it. A long shot, but that might be what's happening here?

mattjgerard

Recalculate the normals with the Edit Geometry tool. That usually gets rid of the faceting and applies the proper phong shading (Cinema4d speak)

Jesse.Art

Thanks for the response guys. This model came into Keyshot via the ZBrush to Keyshot bridge. I'll try your suggestions tonight and let you know. Thanks a lot!