How to make glowing metal?

Started by niklassc, October 03, 2011, 09:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

niklassc

Hey guys. I'm modelling a toaster for an assignment in school and i want that glowing look like in the picture below. I've tried some different settings in the emissive material, but it doesn't look entirely right. any suggestions? Thanks  :)

guest84672

Increase the intensity of the emissive material, and also turn on detailed indirect illumination in the realtime tab.

niklassc

Tried that but the wires still look a bit flat. Hm, maybe photoshop is the solution

elliasp

Try to add a texture to your material.

guest84672

niklassc

Francois:
Tried that, it gets better. Do you have any suggestion which kind of texture i should use? (how the texture square should look like?)

elliasp

Thomas is right, you should add some bloom, some blur to your emissive material (in the real time render : effect).

Moreover, I tried to find some exemples in the reality, and finaly I think I have the best texture for this, but I'm not sure about the result (it has to be very very small, just enough to have the feeling it's not smooth).

Hope it will help you.

If the final texture doesn't work, try wood, fabric (tissue should be a nice surprise...)

Unfortunatly my Keyshot is calculating, so I can't see the result I send you...

Hope it helps ;-)

+++
F

niklassc

That worked much better! Thanks alot Francois  :)