Oculus GO/Quest Support

Started by jontracey, August 31, 2019, 01:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jontracey

Any plans to increase the supported headsets, specifically the GO and Quest from Oculus?

Also any chance of a Mac version?

INNEO_MWo

If Apple will support VR technology, a solution for KeyVR would come up.
And Oculus Go and Quest are closed systems for entertainment. So I guess that this system hasn't the resources that GPU rendering for KeyVR needs.

That's the status quo as I notice.

jontracey

Apple has supported HTC vive for over a year now, and I regularly build apps for Oculus Go/Quest using other applications on my mac, so its not like there is no support or  tools available

Go/Quest allows sideloading of APK files so you don't need to go via the store

INNEO_MWo

then I'm curious what the developers say

Sune

The Oculus Quest and Go lack the performance needed for KeyVR.

We do not have any current plans to support KeyVR on Macs.

jontracey

I disagree with the performance question, the quest specifically.

That said its a shame on the mac front I will have continue using other tools as its a cold day in hell before I use windows

rmcclelland

Oculus Quest should work fine with a Link cable and appropriate PC.  It can now do basically anything the Rift can do.

french-john

Hi everybody.
I don't know about the GO but you can also make it work wireless with a quest.
It's a bit tricky to set but the end result is awesome !
There are lots of tutorials explaing how to do it for HALFLIFE ALYX which also runs on steamVR.
Make sure you have a good wifi router though...

rmcclelland

I have tested Oculus Quest with Link cable and confirmed it works fine. Oculus Quest stand alone is clearly the future, but handles 10x less triangles. You can import and view OBJs in Gravity Sketch on Quest stand alone, but they better be ~200k triangles.  With KeyVR and Link, I can get 2M triangles.