activate/deactivate license by cmdline

Started by sciadm, September 08, 2019, 12:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sciadm

Hi,
Using two computers (Home & Office) with the same license, if I forgot to deactivate the license on the Office computer before its shutdown, then I will not be able to activate the license on my Home computer. The same issue for the reverse scenario.

We can debate the fact that I'm using a single license for two computers but in the KeyShot documentation I can read the following:
"You can transfer your licenses between a total of 3 machines. There is no limit on how often you can do this"

Based on that I was wondering if it wouldn't be possible to add a way to script a license activation/deactivation or adding a setting in KeyShot "Preferences" to force a license deactivate when KeyShot is closed ?

sciadm

mattjgerard

I have hit this problem a couple times as well. I have installed team viewer on both computers and have done the deactivation remotely. There currently is no other way to do this through the keyshot software itself that I know of.

sciadm

Yes, actually I do the same :-) but I'm not happy to keep my computers powered 24h/24h to save the times I forgot to deactivate.

lshank

I've had this same problem...get to work and realize I didn't release the license at home and have to drive back home. Once I had a license issue on a Saturday morning, so I was not able to work all weekend and I really needed to. I wonder if there could be a way to release/reset the license on a KeyShot account page. This is how Adobe handles the Creative Cloud licensing - you can deactivate a particular computer or all computers by going to your account page on Adobe.com.