[RESOLVED] Flat metal surface showing curves?

Started by abuck, September 12, 2019, 02:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abuck

Hey forum peeps. I'm trying to render a stainless steel instrument/ tool, it is a square profile with flat faces and radiused edges. When I add an environment the edges or the highlights on the edges look like they are twisting (see the attached screen shot). I am using 3 Point Soft Low 2k environment but it happens with any environment and lighting set up. Can anyone explain why it is doing this? Any feedback would be super appreciated as I'm trying to resolve this for a project I'm currently working on and need to deliver it asap.
Many thanks and peace out, abuck.

Eric Summers

My guess would be that you have some weird normals in your part. Try Edit Normals, click Calculate Vertex Normals and apply. Hope that helps!

Bruno F

Thank you for your post.
It seems like you are experiencing difficulties with KeyShot. To better assist you, I'll need to gather additional information.

1. Exact KeyShot Version (e.g. 8.2.80)
2. CAD Software and version or year.
3. The CAD file for your model.

abuck

Quote from: Eric Summers on September 12, 2019, 06:51:38 AM
My guess would be that you have some weird normals in your part. Try Edit Normals, click Calculate Vertex Normals and apply. Hope that helps!

@ Eric Summers,
Thanks for your reply, this is actually a production model so all of that should be correct. I used solidworks to create the model. To edit normals, something I've never had to do before, is that something I can do in Keyshot or do I have to do it in Solidworks? Thanks!

mattjgerard

Right click on the part and select Edit Geometry, and walk through the dialog. Its helps more often than it should :)

RRIS

Just throwing out ideas, but it could also be due to a too low-res mesh? Can you render the same object as NURBS and does it still have the same issue then?

Justin A

Due to inactivity this post will be locked and marked as resolved.  If you are still having this issue please open a new thread on the general support channel or contact us direct at Support@luxion.com

Thank you