[Resolved] "Batch-changing" material type

Started by Normand, October 07, 2019, 12:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normand

Hi All :)
KS 8.2.80
Is there a way to change the material type of multiple materials in one go - perhaps a script? I'm importing a lot of interior scenes currently, some of them containing a LOT of textures (eg. 150+ unique book covers) and they all come in as really glossy advanced materials (coming from Rhino as obj). Changing the material type to diffuse for them takes forever - double click material in material pane, move mouse to material type drop-down menu, click drop-down, change to diffuse, move mouse back down to material pane, double click next material etc. I really wish that I could select multiple materials in the materials pane and change them all in one go. Even changing all the materials from advanced to diffuse would be great, as there are only a few other material types in these scenes - a few plastics, metals and paints.
Thanks in advance, Jakob

Justin A

Thank you for the Post.
Unless the materials are linked you will have to change each one individually.  Doing it this way will allow more customization of your materials and models when rendering.

Thanks

Normand

Thanks Justin. Linking the materials aren't an option, since they all have different textures and mapping. It would be neat to be able to change material type for multiple materials at a time.
Regards, Jakob

Justin A

Hey Normand,

i do agree with you it is definitely something I will push on the the development team.

thanks again