Soft Body Practice (+Leather Gloves)

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, September 23, 2019, 04:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Hi guys,

Being on my own has it's pros and cons. For some strange reason, I'm busier than ever, making it hard to carve out time for personal projects and training. However, I finally had some extra time and energy to dive into Marvelous Designer, which I've wanted to do for quite some time now. It's a great software, and will help me work on geometry that's near-impossible and time-consuming using CAD/NURBS.

This first simple proper test took a few hours to model, and I feel pretty happy about how it turned out. Still a few kinks here and there, but I hope some more time with MD will help me reduce time spent and generating cleaner topology.

Thanks for having a look.

Hossein Alfideh

This is really clean! Can't tell if this is CGI or not! When you try something new you do it at it's finest Magnus! That's why I can confidently say your one of the greatest CGI artists ever bro!
Cheers!

sleby

Looking great!! It would be interesting to see how everything was done in marvelous designer. Did you made a block and wrap it in cloth? Were stitches modelled or displaced?

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on September 23, 2019, 06:53:04 AM
This is really clean! Can't tell if this is CGI or not! When you try something new you do it at it's finest Magnus! That's why I can confidently say your one of the greatest CGI artists ever bro!
Cheers!
Woah, thanks Hossein! Really cool to hear that you think it is that convincing! And boy, that's some heavy compliments you're serving me here. Thank you for the support and encouragement!

Quote from: sleby
Looking great!! It would be interesting to see how everything was done in marvelous designer. Did you made a block and wrap it in cloth? Were stitches modelled or displaced?
Thank you! I'm attaching a screenshot from MD below. I didn't make a block this round, just used a parameter called "Pressure" to puff it up. Not sure if it's the best or "correct" way, but that's what's fun with experimenting I suppose:) Stitches was modeled. Pretty straight forward in MD with stitching.

Chad Holton

Looks fantastic, Magnus!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Chad Holton on September 25, 2019, 03:38:04 PM
Looks fantastic, Magnus!
Thank you Chad! Nice to hear from you.

I'm continuing down the Marvelous Designer hole with some freshly baked leather gloves. Started in Marvelous Designer with a scanned hand on this one, and built the base mesh in MD. I then took the exported mesh through some basic subdivisions and sculpting in Blender before rendering it in KeyShot.

(plenty of details in the high res of these ones)

Eric Summers

Woah! Those are incredible Magnus! Definitely a lot of great little details.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Eric Summers on September 26, 2019, 09:49:21 AM
Woah! Those are incredible Magnus! Definitely a lot of great little details.
Cheers Eric! Appreciate you chiming in : ) And yes, gotta get in at max res on these fellas !

Hossein Alfideh

Finally able to see them in High res! Stunning work dude! Looks fantastic!