Main Menu

Product Shots

Started by Chad Holton, September 29, 2019, 04:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad Holton

Here's some renderings made over the last couple of years or so for different companies. Hope you enjoy.

Hossein Alfideh

I dig these! Nice and clean.

Chad Holton

Thanks for looking and the comment, Hossein!

Thank you, Don! I sure can; I didn't use glass on that particular render, it is made up of multiple renderings. In the main rendering, I hid the glass panels and rendered. Then created a new scene set and new environment to create a specular pass (everything is a flat black material except the glass panels which uses a shiny black plastic) with the glass panels in place and combined them in PhotoShop. This way I can easily modify the glare and such without re-rendering the main scene again. Below is a quick sample you can try out. Just save the first two to your desktop, bring both layers in PhotoShop. With the specular layer (sample.99.jpg) on top, change the layer to "Screen" and adjust the opacity. You should end up with something like "result.png" shown below. Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.

NM-92

Looking good Chad. May i ask how the fridge and ice maker images are lit ? Steel is pretty hard to show in big machines.

Chad Holton

You're welcome, Don. It's fun to experiment! Thanks for the compliments.

Thanks, Nicolas! Both shots just use a custom environment, nothing too crazy. I did use a couple of AO passes with the fridge scene (one for internal and one for external) to make it pop a little more.

NM-92

Thanks for the info. Just play with light pins ?

Chad Holton

You're welcome, Nicolas. Yes, it was just a custom environment with light pins, no IES lights on that one. The ice machine did use an IES light for the ice dispenser spout but not for environment lighting.

RRIS

Excellent work, your stainless steel looks spot on. Funny how the freezer also instantly caught my attention, knowing how tough it is to render such machine interiors in one pass :)

Ryan Day

Gotta echo those lighting comments; big, flat, steel things are a real pain to render nicely and you've executed perfectly. Great stuff!

Josh3D

Nicely done, Chad! Love the new work!

Chad Holton

Thanks guys! I very much appreciate the comments.  :)

Spydabizkit

Very Nice!  Nice glass tips and tricks  ;)

Chad Holton

Jeff Hayden

Great work as always Chad.

Chad Holton

Thank you, Jeff!  :)

If anyone is bored and want to spin around some of the above renders, please visit here: https://www.chadholton.com/productviewer