Laboratory Automation Device

Started by ukindler, October 05, 2011, 10:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukindler

Hi,

normally we do KeyShot renderings only for our own products. But one of our suppliers liked the KeyShot images on our website (http://www.cetoni.de) so much, that he asked us to do some KeyShot renderings of one of his laboratory automation devices. He asked for some pictures that shows its device in a "real" laboratory environment.

For the backplate pictures I used some stock laboratory images. I did some postprocessing in Photoshop to bring the persons back into foreground. Hope you like it. Any suggestions for improvements are welcome.

Uwe

PS: cetoni GmbH is neither the developer nor the manufacturer of the device shown on the following pictures. We only did the KeyShot renderings.
http://www.cetoni.de/englisch/products/microreaction_systems/technic.html

PhilippeV8

p3: you need to edit out the bottle tops from the ones on the shelve that is right behind (or in real life it would be inside) your machine

p4: your background has DOF and your render doesn't ... dead givaway

p6: not such a good setup ... if the machine was realy standing there, the woman would never sit that close to the desk ... now she sits with her face against the front cover-panel.

... or am I going to far now ?  ;)

Io

Yes, indeed =))) The pictures sell the product, the artist seeks the perfect picture...Never ending story...

guest84672

Awesome - maybe the rendering is a bit too clean, but it is a great composition overall.

PhilippeV8

Am I just getting to negative lately ?  If so, you guys should tell me ... realy !  I've got some good things, but also some frustrations going on in my personal life, so that might be a reason.

Mind you guys, I'm on the KS3 beta tester list ..  ;D ;D :P

Ed

Uwe - I think that's some great post work you did to integrate the machine into the scene.  The only thing that stands out to me is the red base of the machine and the red logo.  The red seems too strong and uniform in comparison to the surroundings.  I would try making the reds less saturated and/or using an image map in the render that has some shade and intensity variation.  The red in the second shot containing the monitor is closer to what I would work toward on the remaining shots.

Ed

aebstract

lol Philippe I feel the same way lately :/
Which is why you haven't seen me posting much lately cause I tend to want to try and help the person improve the image but in order to do that you have to point out flaws. Makes me feel like I'm being negative too lol

Anyway awesome shots I love it :)

ukindler

Hi PhilippeV8,

no, you are not going to far  ;) I'm always here to learn something and to improve my skills so your hints are always welcome.

p3) You have a good eye. I would edit out only the brown ones because the transparent ones are not very flashily.

p4) Yes, you are right. I already noticed it but if I use DOF here, then the device will get blurred and the device is the most important part. But I will try to use little bit DOF here to make it look more real and to match it more to the DOF in the picture.

p6) Here I do not agree completely. O.k. the setup is not perfect, but the woman does not sit too close (in my opinion). From the picture I would estimate that there is around 30 cm space between her face and the device.

Thanks for your hints.

Hi Ed,

thanks for the hint regarding the red color. I will try to improve this. Always great to get such helpful feedback from the professionals.

Uwe