New to KeyShot Renders.

Started by Don Cheke, October 06, 2019, 03:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Cheke

I am very new to KeyShot, but not new to rendering. I have been working with CAD and doing rendering since 2002. Most of my experience has been using TurboCAD with it's integrated LightWorks render engine. From 2009 to the end end of April this year I worked for a glass door manufacturer as their product develop engineer. Think of the glass doors in all dairy and frozen aisles of all grocery and convenience store or on vending machines, etc.. Those are the kind of glass doors that I am referring to. We used SolidWorks, but I still did my rendering in TurboCAD since I was so comfortable with it. Earlier this year I moved away from the glass door company and lost my seat to SolidWorks. I decided to purchase Alibre Expert, which came with KeyShot. I think KeyShot is fantastic and wish I had found it long ago, but alas, it is new to me and I am having great fun with it. I have attached a couple recent renders that I feel pretty good about. I hope that you like them.

Don Cheke
Textual Creations
Alibre-KeyShot Gallery
Don's Instagram

NM-92

Hello Donald. Nice images ! It's hard not falling in love with Keyshot ease-of-use. Its library (hdri/materials) and quick settings are spot on for newcomers. There is a LOT of learning resources in the Keyshot Youtube channel if you want to take a look to improve your skills and get a quick understanding of the whole software in general.

Chad Holton

Very good start with KeyShot, Don. Thanks for sharing. As Nicolas said, YouTube is a great resource. You can create some very complex materials with labels. Have fun and happy rendering!