Author Topic: Fine Jewelry Realism - give me your feedback! Be critical please  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Speedster

Re: Fine Jewelry Realism - give me your feedback! Be critical please
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2019, 09:56:41 am »
I avoid the "material graph wormhole" as much as possible, usually choosing a simple and repeatable solution.  That's why I like the two-surface trick, and use it on many projects from jewelry to medical devices.  It's simple, yet very flexible.

Here's an example using "black chrome" underside and a lightly frosted glass on top, with no bump map.

Think of it as a back surfaced mirror.  Tweaking the glass qualities is the trick!

Bill G

Offline Bob Savage

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2019, 05:35:12 pm »
Those look fantastic.

Did you model the curb chain? 

Offline Spydabizkit

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2019, 06:37:56 pm »
Modeled this guy today :)

Offline Spydabizkit

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2019, 06:39:43 pm »
I avoid the "material graph wormhole" as much as possible, usually choosing a simple and repeatable solution.  That's why I like the two-surface trick, and use it on many projects from jewelry to medical devices.  It's simple, yet very flexible.

Here's an example using "black chrome" underside and a lightly frosted glass on top, with no bump map.

Think of it as a back surfaced mirror.  Tweaking the glass qualities is the trick!

Bill G

SUPER clean!

Offline Bob Savage

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2019, 04:40:54 pm »

Bill G

That is absolutely beautiful.  Where might I find the information about the two surface trick? 

Offline cjwidd

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2019, 11:48:37 pm »
These are truly some of the most impressive jewelry renders I've seen on this forum, exceptional work +1
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 10:48:42 pm by cjwidd »