Fine Jewelry Realism - give me your feedback! Be critical please

Started by Spydabizkit, October 08, 2019, 06:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

I avoid the "material graph wormhole" as much as possible, usually choosing a simple and repeatable solution.  That's why I like the two-surface trick, and use it on many projects from jewelry to medical devices.  It's simple, yet very flexible.

Here's an example using "black chrome" underside and a lightly frosted glass on top, with no bump map.

Think of it as a back surfaced mirror.  Tweaking the glass qualities is the trick!

Bill G

Bob Savage

Spydabizkit

Quote from: Speedster on October 15, 2019, 09:56:41 AM
I avoid the "material graph wormhole" as much as possible, usually choosing a simple and repeatable solution.  That's why I like the two-surface trick, and use it on many projects from jewelry to medical devices.  It's simple, yet very flexible.

Here's an example using "black chrome" underside and a lightly frosted glass on top, with no bump map.

Think of it as a back surfaced mirror.  Tweaking the glass qualities is the trick!

Bill G

SUPER clean!

Bob Savage

Quote from: Speedster on October 15, 2019, 09:56:41 AM

Bill G

That is absolutely beautiful.  Where might I find the information about the two surface trick? 

cjwidd

These are truly some of the most impressive jewelry renders I've seen on this forum, exceptional work +1