Issue with transparent plastic material

Started by username, October 05, 2011, 07:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

username

Hi all. I have attached a jpeg to illustrate my problem. Same setup, I just turned off the cap material for the first render.

The spray bottle and its glossy orange top render perfectly when the clear cap is removed. With the clear cap in place, things aren't so peachy. I've tweaked the clear plastic material as best as I can, but without much change in the results.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

UN

guest84672

Change the material to Solid Glass and it will work.

PhilippeV8

Got enough ray bounces in the Realtime settings ??  This might help 2

Also, what you got set for shadow quality ?  You can get a small improvement in your ground shadow close to the bottle if you give more shadow quality and/or reduce the environement ground size.  Just a small tip for some extra points ;)

username

Hi Thomas. IIRC solid glass gave me a different but similar issue.

As you can see in the attached photo, the clear plastic cap looks perfect sitting next to the bottle.

Puzzling...

UN

Chad Holton

Hi UN,

Do you have "Detailed indirect illumination" checked under the realtime tab?

Chad

username

Thank you one and all. Now I have even MORE things to check. LOL   ::)

Here is the cap as a double sided object (inner & outer faces), with a tweaked "water" material.

UN

Zander85

Its looking good the only thing I notice is it looks like you have some light refraction going on with the plastic lid. I think that water shader is magnifying your orange cap and making it appear a little larger than it actually is. If I am correct, and the shader is making the cap look larger I would tweek the shader.