Animation, invisible model from beginning till specific frame

Started by zooropa, September 16, 2019, 02:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

Hi. I am trying to find out how to make a layer to appear at certain frame.
The fading animation effect does not work in this case. I need to be invisible the first seconds without transitioning.
I tried to use a Fade effect and leave it 0% from and 0% too till certain frame. Then it the subsequent frame I added another Fade effect  from 0% to 100%.
It does not work: After I add the Fade effect from the beginning with both from and to in 0% ...it seems the other fade effect stop working (the one should work to make it appear).

In another words: I would like the red cube only shows when the orange one fades out.

Eric Summers

This is the way I've done it in the past:
Create a fade animation and have it fade from 100% to 0%. The length of time doesn't matter much, you can make it as short as you want. Move the work area start marker after this fade. Then you should be able to do your fade from 0 to 100% whenever you want. I think this is a bug they plan to address in a future release, perhaps in 9. I seem to remember a post about this, but I can't find it right now.

germannick

Just push your fades from 100% to 0% to the beginning of your animation and set your start of the animation work area  a few frames later. When you render your animation, you select render WORK ARE or FRAME RANGE what ever works for you best.

sleby

Looks like a bug, 0 to 0 should work. Try setting 0 to 0 first then all the other fades.