Lining up the HDRI Dome

Started by figure1a, October 30, 2019, 03:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

figure1a

When I import my HDRI dome, is there a quick and fool proof way that I should be calculating or setting it up? I ask because I alway end up rotating, tilting and changing the size and height in the environment settings and HDRI editor basically randomly until it looks correct. And same goes for the exposure—it always seems to come in too dark and I have to bump up he brightness and contrast. I'll end up tweaking these several more times while working on my project. But it seems to me there should be a way to do it "right" where I can set it and forget it because it's technically right. Is there?

RRIS

What good is 'technically right' if that means your scene is over/under exposed for your needs?
Unless you're trying to match virtual objects with exact real world location/times when the hdr was made, there will always be tweaks (sometimes bigger, sometimes smaller) necessary.

figure1a

Quote from: RRIS on November 25, 2019, 02:53:31 AM
What good is 'technically right' if that means your scene is over/under exposed for your needs?
Unless you're trying to match virtual objects with exact real world location/times when the hdr was made, there will always be tweaks (sometimes bigger, sometimes smaller) necessary.
I need it to line up with the backplate that was shot at the same time. So, "technically right" is very useful.