Pulling my hair out trying to make double lined bottle...

Started by wayoutwestmultimedia, October 30, 2019, 03:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayoutwestmultimedia

So I have a bottle sample for a client (attached), and I've created a model close enough to get by to do test designs, but I cannot figure out how to get the inner bottle (which is white) to display white like the real one. What's happening is the outer bottle is causing it to be darker, but I do want to get that reflective corner that's on the real one.

Any suggestions I can try?

sloanelliot

Could you take a screenshot of your material graph / setups? It looks like the color channel for your glass/acrylic might be black instead of white? Render/image settings would be helpful too!

INNEO_MWo

Increasing the ray bounces around 20 - 30 should help.
Cheers
Marco

wayoutwestmultimedia

Someone emailed me a solution that helped a ton. Was a little more involved but needed to adjust my HDRI settings and edit the glass material. Was told:

Increase transparency distance on the front glass material, and increased the ray bounces in the lighting preset. That allowed the light to penetrate better.

Also added some other elements to help like ground plane to dampen the shadows so they look more natural.

Super appreciate the help! I've barely touched the surface with what I'm doing with KS. Attached an updated image, fyi.

Arnaud

I did a quick test with a model, using a cloudy plastic for the internal skin
here is the scene

wayoutwestmultimedia

Wow I like how that came out. At first I thought there was no inside. Applied a white paint to it, and it looked great.  I really like how you got the bottom and the corners of the exterior plastic to bend accurately.  What's the trick to getting that type of opacity? I've looked through the materials, but can't quite sort it out.