Keyshot VR Hardware

Started by IvanHarris, November 01, 2019, 06:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IvanHarris

Looking for recommendations for a workstation that will be able to run Keyshot VR.  Manufacturer / Processor / Memory / Graphics Card / VR Head Unit. 

DeekosRSV

Hi there, I'll list what I use here at work...
Dell  3630 Tower
i7-8700K CPU @ 3.7GHz
32GB Ram
PNY Nvidia Quadro RTX4000
Oculus Rift S

I design some large automation assembly models in Solidworks and transfer into KS and KS-VR and I get good performance.  An RTX5000+ would be better of course, but they are just stupid money.

Sune

We recommend any recent GPU, with an NVIDIA GTX 1080 as minimum. All RTX cards will work fine though.

Of course Quadro GPU's provide much more memory, which will allow you to work with larger files. If you can afford a Quadro RTX 5000 or higher that is definitely where you get the best performance.

As for processor and memory, it really isn't as important for VR as the GPU.
8 GB ram is the minimum, but more is great, and a recent CPU will do the job.

VR Headset mostly boils down to personal preference. You can't go wrong with either HTC Vive or Oculus Rift, but personally I prefer the Valve Index because it is a better fit over my glasses :)

igorko24

Hello, I have Xeon E5-2687W and Nvidia Quadro K5000. Is it better to render on CPU or GPU in my case?

Sune

Hello igorko24,

The Quadro K5000 only has 4GB of memory making it hard to use for more than very simple models.

We recommend at least 8GB for GPU Rendering.

igorko24

Thanks, but what is better - to render on the Xeon E5-2687W - or if I get a better GPU? Like nvidia quadro p6000?