XR turntable does not output the same frame as per preview

Started by PB81, May 31, 2019, 09:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB81

I've been testing VR for a work related project and I simply can't get it to output a vr that has the same framing as I had when I went through the xr step through. I tried it 5 different ways. It's always off. What's going on?

Eric Summers

PB81

No, it's a duplicate frame issue. It's a camera framing issue...meaning, the image I see on the screen when I set up the VR is not the same as the final XR output. It's as if the output changes the center of the turntable without any reason.... I've tried everything. No way I would pay $1000 a year for something with bugs....it's a shame. (and what the hell is with the extreme $1000 per YEAR!!! price tag anyway? Jesus!)

Eric Summers

What are you using for your rotation center? If the origin of your model is not the center of your model and you use Object, the results can get a bit weird. Same with Environment if the model is offset from the scene origin. Have you tried creating an XR specific camera and setting the camera target to the center of your model? I find that to be a good way to get the center exactly where you want it.

Eric Summers

You're welcome! One more thing I should've added; in some cases I use a helper object to get the camera target exactly where I want it. I use the disc from the Edit - Add Geometry menu and move it to the desired rotation center. Once the camera is targeted to the disc I hide and lock it.