KS v9 kills NR v8 slaves

Started by gbenson, November 12, 2019, 04:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbenson

Caution to anyone using NR v8 (we are NR v8.1.61 here).  Submitting a KS v9 job to your rendering farm will kill your slaves.  They go into Failed mode and even killing the job doesn't reset them.  I had to Stop and Restart my NR Master services and delete the job before my slaves would wake back up and accept any new jobs.

Niko Planke

Hey Gbenson,

Thank you for your report.
I have been able to observe the issue on our setup and filed an issue in our system, to make sure this scenario is handled  better.

As a immediate solution:
Your KeyShot 8 Network Rendering License should be valid for KeyShot 9 Network Rendering without additional cost.

KeyShot 9 Network Rendering is compatible with KeyShot 8 so you should be able to Use KeyShot 9 NR with KeyShot 8.

Since KeyShot 9 Network Rendering includes various stability and speed improvements you should consider updating your setup to KeyShot NR v9.
That will be the fastest solution to prevent this from happening.

The KeyShot 9 network rendering installer should migrate the settings and license from the KeyShot NR v8 setup automatically.

Francisco

Hello gbenson,

We have a new update to KeyShot 9 that is version 9.0.288 and it includes the fix that will prevent you from being able to send jobs to your KeyShot 8 network rendering Master from KeyShot 9.
You can download the new fix from the links below.
KeyShot 9 - Windows Installer
https://www.keyshot.com/download/345988/
KeyShot 9 - Mac Installer
https://www.keyshot.com/download/345990/

Let us know if you still have any issues after updating?

Quote from: gbenson on November 12, 2019, 04:56:36 PM
Caution to anyone using NR v8 (we are NR v8.1.61 here).  Submitting a KS v9 job to your rendering farm will kill your slaves.  They go into Failed mode and even killing the job doesn't reset them.  I had to Stop and Restart my NR Master services and delete the job before my slaves would wake back up and accept any new jobs.