Main Menu

#impeach10

Started by imikej, November 13, 2019, 07:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imikej

If you know the expression, "Ours go to 11." then you are probably too old.  If you don't know the expression, then you may still be too old.  10 is over-rated and 11 is under appreciated.  A little work on a mask and bump map in PS and the problem is solved.  Been working on a project with a lot of images and last night a quick zoom in to see if I'd fixed something presented what I thought was a great composition.  Add a bit of poor-man's atmospheric light and let it render over night.  Gotta love the power of KeyShot for making it possible to create images with this much texture and emotion.  Most of my posts here are random and sometimes off the cuff.  But, the great thing about the forum is the feedback  we all receive.  It's great to hear other people's perspectives and tips.  I always learn from them.  Thank you!

TGS808

Quote from: imikej on November 13, 2019, 07:28:03 AM
If you don't know the expression, then...

You need to see "This is Spinal Tap".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMSV4OteqBE

And, it's a sweet image, Mike. Might even say it goes to 11. ;)

Paul Lang

Hi Mike, Paul here. Well I do know the expression/phrase "Up to 11" Or "These go to 11" coined by the Scene from the movie This Is Spinal Tap which later inspiring Van Halen to change their amps to 11's, A little fun fact. And yes I'm too old LOL! Nice render, if it were me I would open up the DOF slightly to get the front of that VOL knob in focus. Cheers

imikej

Big thanks to @TGS808 for the vid clip!  I haven't seen that in years and it's still as funny today as it was then (even without being stoned).  And, to @Paul Lang for the Van Halen insight and DOF suggestion.  Wouldn't it be great to have the ability to adjust the DOF on the fly AFTER the image is processed?  Like the Lytro camera technology.

Paul Lang

DOF, you can render a depth pass and adjust in PS however you have to render it twice, one with and one without. Would be nice if to have what you suggested or to exclude camera DOF with the new Raw pass so that you don't have to render it twice.

imikej

@Paul Lang, I do use the depth pass a lot.  And, then let PS do the work.  It's actually faster from a render time standpoint.  But, the results are different than using KS DOF.  So, sometimes I like that better.  Not sure why you're saying you have to render twice.  I just render PSD 16-bit and then check the Depth Pass box and it creates a PSD and a separate DP file.  Am I missing something?

Paul Lang

I render twice as when I set a specific DOF in Keyshot I tend to get a better result with the depth pass in PS. It is always possible I am missing something, LOL

feher

Great work Mike as always ! Your attention to detail is second to none.
Tim

Bob Savage