KeyShot 9 Standalone Trial

Started by Don Cheke, November 23, 2019, 07:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Cheke

I have KeyShot 8 for Alibre. I want to try the standalone full version of KeyShot 9 so I am not tied only to Alibre. I installed KeyShot 9 but it is still tied to Alibre. How can I get a trial for the standalone version? I need to be able to import from other CAD programs and want to trial the KeyShot expert functions.

HaroldL

Don, what do you mean by "KeyShot 9 is still tied to Alibre"? That you can still render out of Alibre? I think that is normal.What other CAD programs do you want to import model from? Have you looked at the Plugins page ? There may a plugin for your other CAD programs there.

If your CAD program is on the list you can try a direct import.

Niko Planke

Hello Don,

There is a Simple solution for you.
Just go to "Help-> Register License" here you should have the option to Choose the 15 day Trial. That will give you a Trial with watermarked output. For an unlimited Trial just contact your reseller or our sales team.
As you trial expires, you may need to have to delete the license file from you resource folder to revert back to the Alibre license. Otherwise the expired trial may overwrite the valid Alibre license.

@HaroldL We have CAD specific license types that are bundled with some cad applications, These will only import files from the linked CAD application, and not accept Live-Linking from other applications.
KeyShot for Alibre is one of those.

HaroldL

Quote from: Niko Planke on November 25, 2019, 02:39:41 AM
@HaroldL We have CAD specific license types that are bundled with some cad applications, These will only import files from the linked CAD application, and not accept Live-Linking from other applications.
KeyShot for Alibre is one of those.
Niko,
I am aware of the CAD specific license types, I started out with Bunkspeed and later Keyshot for Alibre. I finally made the jump to KeyShot Pro so I could import and render files other than Alibre's.

The answer I posted was a reply to Don's statement that he had installed KeyShot 9 NOT KeyShot 9 for Alibre. My statement was made with the understanding that KeyShot 9 Pro allow multiple CAD platforms to link to KeyShot through their individual Plugins. If this is not true then some clarification needs to be made.

A question that Don's post brings to light is, If I had the good fortune to be able to install SolidWorks or Inventor along side my Alibre would I be able to Live-Link to KeyShot from two separate CAD apps through their individual Plugins? And could that happen concurrently?

Niko Planke

Hey HaroldL

I apologize for the confusion, let me try to explain it a bit better.

Keyshot HD and Pro Licenses will in general allow import and Live Links from other CAD applications.
*Note:* Some Pro licenses are still linked to a CAD license and will only accept Livelinks and imports from the linked CAD application (F.I. KeyShot Pro for ZBrush)

The application for KeyShot Pro and HD and KeyShot for Alibre are essentially the same.
If a KeyShot Pro, HD EDU or Enterprise license is registered in your KeyShot installation these will take precedence over  cad licenses, hence KeyShot will allow live-linking from other CAD programs.

If you only have KeyShot for Alibre(without any upgrades), you will only be able to live link or import files from Alibre, despite having the other applications and their plugins installed.

If you have multiple CAD license types the outcome depends on the implementation by the CAD application. In that case i would suggest to contact the support team, we can then find a solution for the specific case.

Also note that the Plugin for NX, will require an Enterprise license, so the above does not apply to live linking from NX.

I hope i could make this more clear.