Keyshot World 2020!!!!

Started by mattjgerard, November 22, 2019, 01:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjgerard

Just bought my ticket and booked the hotel! Very excited to come back, hope to meet more of you face to face.

Can't wait! Probably going to fly in a couple days early with the missus and have a little mini-vacation beforehand poking around in LA.

Cheers!

3D Off the Page

3D Off the Page will be there again this year.  Stop by our table and see us!

Steve

Eric Summers

I finally got around to getting everything booked, so I'll be there!

ivuzem

Flying in from Australia, hope to meet some of you guys there, since I'm new on the forum :)

Will Gibbons

Wow. Australia is a long flight! That's rad. To the rest of you, I'll see you there and look forward to saying hi again.

mattjgerard

Quote from: Will Gibbons on February 09, 2020, 07:43:55 AM
Wow. Australia is a long flight! That's rad. To the rest of you, I'll see you there and look forward to saying hi again.

Looking forward to your advanced lighting talk. I'm really trying to work on that.

DMerz III

DriesV

A bunch of folks from Luxion's Aarhus office (including myself) will also cross the pond.
Looking forward to geeking out and hanging out!  8)

Dries

mattjgerard

So, I'll be honest, this is just as much of a getaway for me as a professional trip (family of 6 + dog, it gets crazy) so, after all the planned events are done, what are some ways to just hang out and meet up afterwards? It will be just me and my co-worker and she is bringing her husband, so I'll be flying solo. Last time I was there I walked A LOT and it was great, watched an impromtu car show/burn out contest in the parking lot across from the hotel, but that was about it. Just looking for ways to not be bored outside of the planned activities.

Furniture_Guy

I live 13 miles from the hotel and the weather has been great!

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Furniture_Guy on February 12, 2020, 06:58:47 AM
I live 13 miles from the hotel and the weather has been great!

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

Soooo, what you're saying is, you'll be there ;)

Will Gibbons

Quote from: DriesV on February 12, 2020, 05:36:10 AM
A bunch of folks from Luxion's Aarhus office (including myself) will also cross the pond.
Looking forward to geeking out and hanging out!  8)

Dries

Yusssss

Will Gibbons

Quote from: mattjgerard on February 12, 2020, 06:44:44 AM
So, I'll be honest, this is just as much of a getaway for me as a professional trip (family of 6 + dog, it gets crazy) so, after all the planned events are done, what are some ways to just hang out and meet up afterwards? It will be just me and my co-worker and she is bringing her husband, so I'll be flying solo. Last time I was there I walked A LOT and it was great, watched an impromtu car show/burn out contest in the parking lot across from the hotel, but that was about it. Just looking for ways to not be bored outside of the planned activities.

Depends. Do you like early morning walks on the beach? (seriously though, that's a favorite of mine) To me, the event is tiring enough that just some space and quiet and people watching is fun. If you'll be out for additional days, then you can look into something more. Maybe rent a beach cruiser/scooter to cover more ground? Do you run? Could bring your running shoes. Got a camera? Could take some photos? Like sushi or other Asian food? There's plenty of that in the area. Hard to say, guess it depends on your interests. Check Yelp out.

DriesV

Part of me wants to rent a motorcycle to scoot around town and the wider area, but a less insane part of me thinks that might be a bad idea straight after a long winter pause in Denmark. ???

In any case, I think it's a nice area to explore with a wide range of vehicles.

Dries

mattjgerard

Quote from: DriesV on February 12, 2020, 12:34:46 PM
Part of me wants to rent a motorcycle to scoot around town and the wider area, but a less insane part of me tells me that might be a bad idea straight after a long winter pause in Denmark. ???

In any case, I think it's a nice area to explore with a wide range of vehicles.

Dries

Hmm, still have my motorcycle endorsement, that might be a fun option!