Long Save Time - Keyshot 8

Started by savage925, November 20, 2019, 11:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

savage925

I am currently experiencing very long save times when saving in KeyShot 8. Even the relatively simple files... 20mb, with simple models, and basic textures can take 5+ min to save. Has anyone experienced this before? And is there a fix?

Another piece of info, once I hit save the screen goes gray like the program has froze and then at the very end the save dialog box opens up and the progress bar goes from 0-100 in about 2 seconds.

I am running a Think Pad P1 with decent specs, render times are fine. 

Thanks!

theAVator

Where are you saving to? Hard drive, local server, remote server?

I know myself, I work with a local storage server onsite and I can save a 10-15GB file to it in about 1-2 minutes. If I have to save to our corporate server, that same file would take about 30-45 minutes to save each time I hit save. Same is true too for adding a file to the render queue, if my Scenes folder is located on that remote server, it takes the full 45 min to save versus having it pointed to my local server or my local HDD.

Sune

The most common fix is to turn off "Use GPU (enable effects)" under Edit > Preferences > Interface. Then, click Save Changes.

You can also try pausing your scene before saving.

For additional troubleshooting, click here.

savage925

Quote from: theAVator on November 21, 2019, 11:17:08 AM
Where are you saving to? Hard drive, local server, remote server?

I know myself, I work with a local storage server onsite and I can save a 10-15GB file to it in about 1-2 minutes. If I have to save to our corporate server, that same file would take about 30-45 minutes to save each time I hit save. Same is true too for adding a file to the render queue, if my Scenes folder is located on that remote server, it takes the full 45 min to save versus having it pointed to my local server or my local HDD.

I am saving to my hard drive, sometimes saving to Microsofts One Drive. Either one have been slow.

savage925

Quote from: Sune on November 21, 2019, 11:26:23 PM
The most common fix is to turn off "Use GPU (enable effects)" under Edit > Preferences > Interface. Then, click Save Changes.

You can also try pausing your scene before saving.

For additional troubleshooting, click here.

Thanks, I will try this.