Automatic thumbnails update and an issue with Keyshot 9

Started by Catalin Moldovan, November 27, 2019, 11:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catalin Moldovan

Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible to automatically update the Studio thumbnail in Keyshot or through the API. If I modify a Studio, every time after a change I need to press the "Render Thumbnail" to update the thumbnails.
I also found and issue while testing this. On Keyshot 9 (9.0.289), the thumbnails are not properly updated. After I update the thumbnail for a studio by pressing the "Render Thumbnail" button, it will update the small thumbnail in the studios list but not the bigger one that sits right above the "Render Thumbnail" button. This does not happen on Keyshot 8.2 where selecting a different studio, properly updates the bigger thumbnail. Please check the attached images.
Thank you!

PhilipTh

Hi Catalin,

Unfortunately it is not possible update a studio thumbnail through scripting. There is only getting, setting and rendering studios.

We do have a button in the options dropdown menu next to the list of studios, that renders all thumbnails.
Unfortunately, it seems this currently resets the thumbnails, which is a bug as well.

We are aware of the issue that you describe, where thumbnails are not updating correctly.

I hope that both issues will be fixed with the next release.