Import error, what does it mean?

Started by theAVator, December 02, 2019, 02:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theAVator

On import of some older files I get a huge list of "Import: Component read error -28 on component..." errors.

I'm curious what this error means?
It's fairly old models (I did not create them). I'm curious to find out so I can figure out what to do next.
The files are older CATIA files (CATPRT, CATPRD, etc)

Keyshot ver 8.2 Enterprise

Sune

Hi,

I would like to take a look at the files.

Would you be able to send them to us with this link?

theAVator

Unfortunately the files can't be shared as they are US Defense assets and the red tape to be able to do that is insane. Our company also blocks WeTransfer as it's not a secure enough transfer system.

Attached are some images of the errors, maybe that will help a little.

Given the prevalence of the issue in almost all the files I'm working with on this project, I'm seeking some alternative avenues for better models, but would still like to know what the error might mean so I can mitigate issue going forward or relay it to our engineers so they don't keep doing whatever they're doing.

A little more info: These are Catia files that were migrated over to Windchill but left as Catia files (catprod, catpart,etc) So I'm not sure if that is part of the issue, or if it's an age thing as these files date back to like 2006-7.

Sune

The error seems to be related to missing part files.

KeyShot 9 has better error handling in this circumstance and if you are willing to try I can set up a trial for you.
Importing it to KeyShot 9 will produce the same errors, but it should also write the path that it is failing to find the parts in.
You can likely use that to find a solution.

Please write to license-at-luxion-dot-com to request a KeyShot 9 trial.

Justin A

The feed will be locked and marked as resolved due to inactivity.  If you are still experiencing this issue generate a new thread and the community will get back to you.

You can always contact Support @luxion.com for further assistance.

Thank you