UV Unwrap in KS 9.1

Started by HaroldL, December 09, 2019, 08:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaroldL

In the RealCloth webinar at about the 21:30 mark it is mentioned that there will be an Unwrap function in 9.1.Is there a guesstimate on when that will be available and will it work with any model from any CAD program that doesn't have native UV mapping?

DriesV

KeyShot 9.1, which will indeed have a new Unwrap UV Tool, is scheduled for release late January.
It will work with any mesh geometry in KeyShot.
We are planning on releasing a public beta for KeyShot 9.1 soon.

Dries

DriesV

What are you looking to achieve with UV unwrapping?

Dries

Don Cheke

Quote from: DriesV on December 10, 2019, 12:53:47 AM
KeyShot 9.1, which will indeed have a new Unwrap UV Tool, is scheduled for release late January.
It will work with any mesh geometry in KeyShot.
We are planning on releasing a public beta for KeyShot 9.1 soon.

Dries

Hello Dries. Is 9.1 something a user will need to have paid maintenance in order to receive?

DriesV

Quote from: Don Cheke on December 10, 2019, 06:31:06 AM
Hello Dries. Is 9.1 something a user will need to have paid maintenance in order to receive?

Hi Don,

A valid KeyShot 9 license will do.  :)

Dries

Don Cheke

Quote from: DriesV on December 10, 2019, 06:50:53 AM
Quote from: Don Cheke on December 10, 2019, 06:31:06 AM

Hi Don,

A valid KeyShot 9 license will do.  :)

Dries

That is music to my ears. Thanks!

HaroldL

Quote from: DriesV on December 10, 2019, 01:12:44 AM
What are you looking to achieve with UV unwrapping?

Dries
At my work we use SolidWorks and have an issue with some parts made of Brushed Stainless Steel where the texture is not flowing through forms correctly. Hopefully, the UV unwrapping will help with this. IT is planning to update our KS to v9 in January. It would be nice if 9.1 was available in time for that to happen. It is hard enough for them to find time to manage our KS installation.

I also use Alibre at home and since it was stated that RealCloth needed UV unwrapping to work properly it would be nice to have it in KS rather than a 3rd party software to handle UV's.