Fuzz Interior Mode -Hotspots

Started by damianh10, December 06, 2019, 09:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

damianh10

Im having some issues with the new fuzz material in interior mode. I keep getting these hotspots all over the part. Has anyone else ran into this problem.

Thanks!

sloanelliot

Do you have caustics enabled in your Lighting settings? If so, try turning them off-- shouldn't be necessary in this setup and can definitely create some odd artifacts when it's not dialed in just right..

If that's not it, would need more detail about your scene/lighting/settings to be of better service..

RRIS

Quote from: sloanelliot on December 06, 2019, 09:06:46 AM
Do you have caustics enabled in your Lighting settings? If so, try turning them off-- shouldn't be necessary in this setup and can definitely create some odd artifacts when it's not dialed in just right..

If that's not it, would need more detail about your scene/lighting/settings to be of better service..

Yeah that's one thing I noticed when I played with KS9 for a bit.. caustics and GPU rendering can be problematic. Try switching to CPU if you really need caustics and see if that helps.

soren

We have fixed a few issues regarding Fuzz and hot spots in KeyShot 9.1. It mostly occurs with local lights in interior mode.

Søren

Finema

Hi Søren
I read on the forum that many bugs will be fixed in version 9.1.
Can we know the release date of this update?
Thank you.

TGS808

Quote from: Finema on December 10, 2019, 12:16:09 AM
Hi Søren
I read on the forum that many bugs will be fixed in version 9.1.
Can we know the release date of this update?
Thank you.

Dries said, KeyShot 9.1 is scheduled for release late January.

https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=25386.0