CREO Plugin not sending data to Keyshot 9

Started by theAVator, December 20, 2019, 12:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theAVator

So I got my computer updated with Keyshot 9 and the license connected to the license server perfectly and I was able to play around with some of the new features and everything looked great. I installed the CREO plugin for version 3 and up, and set the Protkdat stuff, everything looks great. However, when I open a model in CREO from Windchill and click the Render button on the Keyshot tab, nothing happens. I've scrubbed through all the settings and everything is just how it was in Keyshot 8 but for some reason it's not sending anything to Keyshot. Has anything changed in 9 that I should look at that may change how the CREO plugin is used or set up?

Keyshot 9 Enterprise Pro Floating
CREO 5.0.5.0
Windows 10 Enterprise
Latest CREO plugin downloaded from Keyshot site yesterday.

INNEO_MWo

theAVator

I'm back from some holiday time off. Doesn't look like much action in the forum as I assume most are off doing the same. 

Here's a couple screenshots of the settings. I've compared these with the settings I used in KS8 and they are identical, but I'm not sure what all changed in KS9 that could pose a difference. I'd like to rule out CREO as KS8 and the plugin were working just fine with this version of CREO prior to updating to KS9. SO that would rule it down to either the plugin which was downloaded from the KS downloads page the day before my original posting, or with KS9 itself not accepting inbound data. 

I'd like to save uninstalling and reinstalling everything as a last resort as it usually tends to be a pain with Keyshot in getting all the resources and folders and such set correctly. I'm not sure if there is some sort of log file or program that records or can show what communication is taking place between the programs or through the plugin, but that might be helpful to pinpoint where the issue lies.

theAVator

Any word on what might be wrong here? Any ideas?

@MWo are you having the same issue by chance, or were you just tagging in case something arises in the future?

INNEO_MWo

I have to do some tests. Funnily I just use the KeyShot 8 plugin configured to all my Creo versions (even Creo 6). And cause my latest installation is KeyShot 9, Creo transfers to that version. (That depends on the path in the registry).

It is always a good way to open a ticket at Luxion's support, that this case is tracked.

If I have some test results and time, I will post it here.

Does work the export feature in your current setup?

theAVator

so I tried it again, just a simple cable, and it didn't send to keyshot. I tried an export like you recommended and that seemed to work as it should (mostly). As has happened before, some of the geometry goes missing when doing the direct export to BIP, which is why I don't use that more often. 

I'll run through the setup again, and try relinking the protkdat stuff again and see what happens. If not, maybe I'll try reverting to the KS8 plugin and see if that works. otherwise I'll just uninstall everything and start over from scratch. I hate to have to do that, but if all else fails... 

INNEO_MWo

If you uninstall KeyShot, the clean the registry paths before re-install. That helped me in the past.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Luxion

theAVator

Alrighty, well I uninstalled everything (KS9, KS9 plugin) and reinstalled everything. I re-setup the plugin within Creo. I gave it a try and it still didn't work.

Step 2, I removed all the plugin setup within Creo, uninstalled the KS9 plugin, downloaded the KS8 Creo plugin, installed it, set everything up within Creo and gave it test. The KS8 plugin worked perfectly. So that's what I'm going to continue using for the time being.

But with that said, It seems apparent that the KS9 plugin itself is at fault or is buggy and needs some attentions paid to it. 

ffabian

Experiencing the same with my new machine and fresh clean installation.
(Creo 3, KeyShot 9, latest plugin for Creo3 and above...)
Will also try the plugin for KS8 and wait for the updated and fixed plugin.

Cheers!
Felix

Sune

Hi,

I am not able to replicate this issue.

You mentioned setting your resources folders correctly, and I wondered if you could share the installation paths of both KeyShot, the resource folder, and the Creo plugin.

Do you have read/write permissions for all those folders?

ffabian

Hi Sune,

it's a complete new setup on my new ZBook.
Creo3 (M190) is installed in C:\PTC\...
KeyShot9 is installed in C:\PTC\KeyShot9\...
The resources are installed in the default directories.
I used the same paths in my last setup and it worked fine.
(Except the weired dialoge of the plugin-settings as attached.)

And I see the same "blanked dialogue" with the installed KS8-Plugin on my
new machine...

Any ideas?
Thanks,

Felix

INNEO_MWo

Hello Fabian.

The KeyShot 8 Plugin is missing the text files for the dialog. I've attached the files of the KeyShot 9 Plugin. This solves this issue.
Just save them to ..\KeyShot8\Plugins\Creo 3.0 64bit\text\german

Some additional notes for Luxion's support team: The green market icon in KeyShot 9 plugin works in creo parametric but the red marked one not.

Cheers
Marco

theAVator

For me the plugin path is: C:\Program Files\Keyshot 9\Plugins\Creo 3.0 64bit
and obviously the Keyshot install path is the same. My resource path is slightly different from the defaults, but within the same folder as prior installs. Yes, I have read/write access to all concerned folders and both Keyshot and Plugin were installed as Administrator.

The config file for the protkdat setting within Creo is saved to my working directory per the instructions int he readme "Select the protk.dat file click Open. Then click OK and save your changes in the config.pro configuration file inside Creo's working directory."
This is the same location as prior plugins as well the ver8 plugin I just reinstalled and was able to use successfully.

We are on Creo Parametric 5.0

INNEO_MWo

Di you set the path in the protk.dat with ,,"?
You can use or copy the protk.dat from the plugin path.

ffabian

Thanks, Marco!

Now, the setup-screen looks kind of complete;-)

In my new installation, none of the two "render-buttons" worked...

See you - Felix