No render passes

Started by CheapBeer, December 23, 2019, 02:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheapBeer

I've recently purchased and downloaded Keyshot 9HD. In my initial trial of HD I noticed there was just a Clown Pass produced with for Photoshop. Now in further use, I've found there isn't even a Clown Pass produced. I understand that Pro offers full render pass capability, but without a Clown pass it makes image editing much, much more difficult.

Sune

Hi.

Unfortunately Render Passes are a KeyShot Pro feature, and is therefore not available with a KeyShot HD license.

For the full version comparison please see this list.

INNEO_MWo

you can create your own clown passes. Just apply a flat material to the parts you want to adjust in post and render a second image. (obviously shadows has to be toggled off).
I had defined a material package with flat materials in the colors Photoshop likes to select easily.

CheapBeer

That is unfortunate that the Render Pass capability was taken away as was once standard. Sort of like making the steering wheel an option on a car! It seems a little greedy to me.
Of course, such as what INNEO suggests I can create a new model set with material colors to select with Photoshop to edit an image, but it is a time costly process... or I can open the model in my old v6 and create RenderPasses. Again very time consuming...

INNEO_MWo

If I remember right, the HD version had never render passes or clown passes.
It might be an option in the test version, but definitely a pro feature.

And you can use my material package in KeyShot 6 - I made it in that version.

Cheers
Marco