Alembic from Maya with motion blur

Started by abedsabeh, December 22, 2019, 05:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abedsabeh

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to import an alembic nCloth simulation with motion blur into KeyShot from Maya. I've been trying for days to make the MB work in KeyShot with no success, and I can't find anything regarding this matter, or maybe I missed something  :)...Help please.

Thanks,
Abed

Sune

Hi Abed,

KeyShot does not support .mb files with nCloth simulations.

You will first need to export it from Maya as an Alembic by going to Cache > Alembic Cache > Export all to Alembic (This is the location in Maya 2020, I don't know if it's somewhere else in older versions).
Save it and open KeyShot.
From KeyShot you can open the import dialogue, navigate to the .abc file and import it. It is important to set the Animation import setting to Deformable Meshes in the import dialogue.

abedsabeh

Quote from: Sune on January 02, 2020, 01:15:40 AM
Hi Abed,

KeyShot does not support .mb files with nCloth simulations.

You will first need to export it from Maya as an Alembic by going to Cache > Alembic Cache > Export all to Alembic (This is the location in Maya 2020, I don't know if it's somewhere else in older versions).
Save it and open KeyShot.
From KeyShot you can open the import dialogue, navigate to the .abc file and import it. It is important to set the Animation import setting to Deformable Meshes in the import dialogue.

Thank you Sune for your message. My issue was the motion blur inside KeyShot and not the .abc export. Anyway that was in the animation for the contest.

Cheers!
Abed