How to drag color onto imported geometry without assigning a material?

Started by mrmunchies, January 05, 2020, 11:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmunchies

Hello all, not sure if this is a silly question, but is it possible to drag a color onto a piece of imported geometry without assigning it a material? I'm not that experienced with KS, and I looked through the forum but couldn't find an answer. Bit of background: I usually create geometry in ZBrush and then import it into KS via the "ZBrush to KS Bridge", and at times I don't want to assign a material to that geometry, but just a color. I don't seem to be able to do this: when I drag a color onto the geometry, I do see the green "+" symbol, but when I release the color nothing happens. If I add KS geometry to the scene, there is no issue dragging just a color onto that piece of KS geometry. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I attached a test file: it contains a cylinder I imported into KS from ZBrush, and a cube I added within KS. If someone can kindly advise, that would be very helpful. (If it helps: I'm running KS 9 on a Mac which is running High Sierra, and my ZBrush version is the 2020 version, so everything is up to date.)

Thanks!

mrmunchies

SOLVED: If any noobs like myself happens to come across this post, the solution is to go into the material graph and check the box next to "Blend with Color".