I'm having some hardware trouble when network rendering. My setup is:

MacBook Pro (Manager)
Keyshot v9.0.289

Velocity Micro ProMagix HD80A (Worker)
Keyshot Network Rendering v9.0.286
Asrock X399M Taichi (Bios P3.70)
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX
64 GB RAM

Here is the problem: when submitting a job to the network from the Manager, the Worker (Velocity) shuts down either immediately or after working for a bit on the render. Event Viewer reveals no specific events (to my untrained eye) other than Kernel errors related to the sudden shutdown. Velocity recommend a Bios update, but I am on the latest and have been since new (computer is less than a month old). A memory test reveals no problems. When using the workstation for anything else, all is stable.

Nils Piirma was assisting someone with something similar in another thread, and I wonder if I am dealing with a related issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I need to be leaning heavily on this new machine for my workflow.

https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=24572.msg103386#msg103386

Thanks!
Dan

64footdan

OK. I may have solved this already.

Velocity suggested Flashing the Bios again with v3.70. This restored the settings to default and things seem stable now. The only difference between default settings and Velocity's that I noticed was PBO (Precision Boost Overdrive) was enabled by Velocity and is set to Auto by default. I've asked them for a document with their BIOS settings so I can compare further.

I have rendered a few test images start to finish and I it is now working on part of an animation test - so far so good. Hopefully this is helpful to someone.

I'll post an update if anything changes.

Justin A

Due to inactivity this post will be marked as solved.  If you are still having an issue please contact Support@luxion.com

Thank you