Management in Keyshot

Started by kangnguyen, January 07, 2020, 08:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kangnguyen

The Most Affordable Pressure Washers: Reviews

A good pressure washer can help tremendously in clean-up tasks around the house. No matter if it's the stubborn oil stains on the garage floor or the inches-thick layer of dust and grime on your patio furniture after being left outside for months, a nice power washer for home use can purge everything in seconds.

However, the only thing that stops every house from being equipped with a power washer is the cost. But don't you worry, there are some Highest rated pressure washers out there on the market that are quite affordable. In this article, we'll tell you all about them.

1. Greenworks 1800 PSI Pressure Washer

If you don't need powerful pressure and mostly only do small cleaning tasks around the house like washing off the stairs, garage, patio, or the sideways, the Greenworks pressure washer is a great candidate to consider. It also has the kind of performance necessary to be a great washer to wash your car with.

This electric washer is user-friendly, compact, and versatile enough to cover most of your needs. At its best, this light duty washer can generate a water jet with water pressure at about 1800 PSI and a flow rate of 1.1 GPM. In order to get this kind of performance, it is equipped with a fairly reliable and efficient 13-amp electric motor.

On grounds of design, the Greenworks 1500 PSI washer looks quite slim and portable with a handle integrated into the top of the unit. It weighs about 17 pounds, which makes it light enough for most people to be able to carry it around with only one hand. The washer can be used horizontally or vertically, depending on your preference.

The washer has a 30-foot power cord, long enough to reach most power outlets around the house. It has a 20-foot high pressure hose reel. You can attach to the tips a 15°, 20°, or 40° quick-connect nozzle to control the spray power. There's also a soap nozzle for those who need to wash their cars from time to time.

2. Sun Joe SPX3000

The Sun Joe SPX3000 has got to be the Good pressure washer brands on the market at this moment in time. It's not just an affordable washer, it is one of the most powerful household electric power washers out there.

When pushed to the limit, the SPX3000 can put out 2030 PSI of water pressure at an average flow rate of 1.76 GPM. The heavy duty universal electric motor packed inside makes sure that you get the kind of cleaning power that you would be expecting when you put your money down for this washer.

It's also got two separate detergent tanks, each of which has a capacity of about 0.9 liters. You can set the washer up to use, either mix up both and use them simultaneously or one at a time flexibly just by switching a lever.

Sun Joe also puts into the box five different nozzles for you to adapt your washer to undertake different cleaning jobs.

However, there are certain shortfalls. The design, for example, while beautiful, has a weight balance problem which makes the washer especially easy to tip over. Furthermore, complementary tips are prone to clogging.

❖❖❖ Check This Out: Best rated pressure washer - Top pressure washer brands reviews

Conclusion

That's it for today's most affordable best pressure washers! We hope that you have found the article to be useful. Meanwhile, if you haven't decided on any particular washer and are still looking to do a bit more market research, we have more reviews for you to browse through to help you make a good decision. Happy shopping!

Eugen Fetsch

This is a very hot topic for me too. Would be great to hear a statement on this. 

Furniture_Guy

FYI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOyQVcQW2bw

https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=22782.0

https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=21346.0

https://luxion.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/K7M/pages/40215861/Color+Management

So, if you output from KeyShot it will be in the sRGB Color Space but will NOT be assigned that space. To get an accurate color CONVERSION to another space, take your render into Photoshop first and assign it the sRGB profile...

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

Eugen Fetsch

Thanks, Perry.

How about applying OCIO profiles to the view inside KS?

Furniture_Guy

Mr. Fetsch,

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with OCIO profiles only icc ones on still images. Presumably they are LUT's (look up tables) that work the same way as icc ones. I suppose if they conform to the icc standard you could use one in place of the AdobeRGB used in the KeyShot QuickTip but without testing that I would be wary. Color Management is a deep and very complicated subject that most people don't want to fool with. Why not save yourself all the headaches and stick with the tried and true sRGB icc standard? Since KeyShot has standardized on sRGB (a simple and effective solution without opening a BIG can of worms for them), and I know that all output is also sRGB, I don't even enable color management in the KeyShot preferences. Have a high quality sRGB monitor (I use a dual BenQ SW2700PT setup with an X-Rite i1Profiler). As long as you know all this, it seems to me that it's a solution looking for a problem...

Just my two cents...

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

Eugen Fetsch

OCIO is the easiest way to share a LUT between different programs and I would like to apply my LUTs to the viewport directly. It is much more convenient.
Sometimes I need two render engines to get the job done (Cycles / Eevee / KeyShot / Fusion). In this case I would like to import the OCIO file into the "Image Style" tab and view my image in the same way I would see it in Blender or Fusion/Nuke.

... and there are much more Color Spaces out there:
- Rec.709
- Rec.2020
- DCI-P3

It may be a complicated topic, but more and more artists have a demand for those kind of features.
IMO, options like OCIO, Cryptomatte, Multilayer EXR, "working" Multipass Compositing, etc. would make a KeyShot Pro a real PRO version. 

Furniture_Guy

So you're looking for color profiles to go with the all the different color spaces with OCIO?

-CIELAB
-HSV
-RGB
-CMYK

All the spaces you list are primarily for video so maybe that world is different but I believe even Adobe Premiere uses the Adobe Engine. And color management within Blender? To my knowledge none of these have something equal to the Adobe Color Engine that performs the conversion utilizing whatever profile is attached to the file. That's precisely why it works so well between all the Adobe Creative Cloud applications. I seriously doubt that what you're asking for will happen in my lifetime...

But then I'm old so maybe it will in yours.

Good Luck,

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

KeyShot

In KeyShot you can apply an .icc profile in the preferences to get a calibrated output for your monitor.

We are looking into adding color profile information to the rendered images. For now it is fine as you suggested to assume sRGB and take it from there.

Are you looking to render images in other color spaces? Do you use textures or other inputs and if yes, which color space do you use for those?

Eugen Fetsch

It depends on the project. I've two reference monitors - one is set to Adobe RGB and one to Rec.709. Through the day I need to work on projects for print and for video. So I just drag and drop the application windows from one monitor to the other, instead of switching the color spaces in the monitor setup. But mostly it's more about colors and highlights appearance. 

Take this shot for example: https://youtu.be/byCqEfhjHlg
The car and the floor are rendered in KeyShot, the flares are done in After Effects, the background and final compositing is made in BMD Fusion. The data is shared in linear color space between the applications.

On the application site it's easier to apply a LUT and save it inside the project and not for the whole application. See examples attached.

One of the next projects is compositing driving CG trucks into a drone video footage. The client uses KeyShot for stills, so it is would be very convenient to use KS for CG. Will see how it goes here.   

Furniture_Guy

Old but still a very good explanation of all the intricacies of a color management system:

http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1315593&seqNum=2

I wish Bruce Fraser was still with us:

http://www.photoshophalloffame.com/bruce-fraser

http://www.brucefraserlegacy.com/

Again, good luck!

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

Eugen Fetsch

Thanks Perry.

The link from peachpit.com is 11 years old and is more related to PhotoShop, as I can see. 
The best (up to date) link I know about Color Management for Cinematography, is Chris Brejon - Color Management

But, this is not what I'm talking about. My topic is about viewport color management using OpenColorIO (for the example).

I don't know how many KS artists will need this feature, but I would assume that there are not many of them (at least at the moment).

Furniture_Guy

Yes, I agree. If more artists (and you're a very good one) needed it, I believe it would be higher on KS's priority list...

Keep up the good work!

Perry (Furniture_Guy)