Main Menu

Buzz

Started by feher, January 08, 2020, 06:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

Hi All,
It's been a long time since I have been on. Sorry about that. I miss interacting with everyone. Life has been busy. Still is but want to really try to connect with everyone again and help when possible.
So without any further ado. My first post of the year.
This brought me back to my oldest son who is 23 now. This was his favorite movie. He wore out the VHS tape. Yes, I just said VHS..lol
My door is always open if anyone has questions or just wants to connect.
Tim

mattjgerard

Nice post, that's a classic! Hard to imagine how long ago that movie came out and what a massive shift in tech and cinema it brought to the industry.

Speaking of VHS, my 18yo daughter and I have a small but choice collection of VHS movies that we dig out and watch every once in a while, mostly Disney animations and John Wayne movies. My best VHS is actually a rental copy of True Lies with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Tom Arnold. I have the DVD as well, and the VHS looks SO much better than the DVD. Was humorous to hear my younger kids complaining about the skip time between the menu and the movie starting on DVD's (not to mention the layer transition pause) but also about the need to actually rewind a VHS!!! Good times....

Eric Summers

Wow, this is amazing Tim! It looks like this came straight out of the movie; all of the little details are incredible. This brings back some memories for sure! I probably wore out our VHS tape of this too ;D

feher

Hi Matt,
Good times for sure. Funny you mention about you and your daughter watching you favs on VHS. I just watch all the Rocky movies with my youngest on VHS. At the time I got the box set there was only five Rocky movies...lol Just glad we still had a VHS player...lol
Hi Eric,
Thanks ! Glad you liked the image. I wanted to add some scratches and grim. Just a little. I still might have gone a little to far. But, in the end it was fun to create and nice to just relax and do something for myself.
Tim

TGS808

This one definitely goes to infinity... and beyond.  ;) :D

feher

richardfunnell

Looks really great Tim, nice images!! Buzz is such a good subject due to "his" influence on 3D rendering in entertainment. and you captured the feeling really well :)

KeyShot

Beautiful classic indeed!