Different render in Keyshot 6 to Keshot 8

Started by ttemuka47, January 12, 2020, 10:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ttemuka47

Hello, I need to render the scene that was made in Keyshot 6, but when I open the project in Keshot 8 - lights doesn't look same. Objects look much darker. I'm using startup HDRI in both projects. How can I get similar environment lights?

INNEO_MWo

I guess you have to check the scene unit. Then check the light material if you use Lumen instead of watts.
And maybe some changes in the image tab would help to tweak the brightness.

Check the materials. Some materials like plastic had been changed and split into separated material types.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Marco

ttemuka47

Hi INNEO_MWo,
Thanks for you reply!
I have checked settings and scene units and they are same in both programs. Only HDRI image looks different. I took screenshots for comparison

INNEO_MWo

I would add  in the environment tab startup_balanced.hdz (content of the default library) to old startup.hdr . You can drag it into the environment list to switch between.
With the HDRI editor, you'll able to tweak the brightness of the hdr unrelated to the scene settings. This was also enabled in KeyShot 6. So you'll never know if the old startup.hdr was changed and saved that way.

You can also start a new scene with your current settings or maybe custom template and import the KeyShot 6 scene into the new one.

Hope you'll find your way to solve this.

Cheers
Marco