Import one scene into another - scale goes awry...

Started by jhiker, April 28, 2020, 01:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhiker

Quote from: Niko Planke on May 06, 2020, 01:57:36 AM
Hey  jhiker,
I checked the files from what i can see everything behaves as expected.
I suggest you check the scale of the file containing the gauges as far as i can see in the file, they are scaled to only be 2,3 mm high instead of the expected 350mm.
Thanks Niko.
How do  you come to the conclusion that the gauges are scaled to be only 2,3mm high. Scene units are mm - model came out of Alibre at 1:1.
Thanks.

Niko Planke

Hey,
you can see the scale in the gauges properties tab.(located under the scene tree next to the position tab).

I hope that helps.

jhiker

Quote from: Niko Planke on May 06, 2020, 07:21:41 AM
Hey,
you can see the scale in the gauges properties tab.(located under the scene tree next to the position tab).

I hope that helps.
Yes - I can see that.
But where did you get the 2,3mm from?

jhiker

I tried a new set-up with two new scenes/models, everything in mm and everything set to 1:1 and it worked as expected.

Niko Planke

Hey,

I can see it being a bit hard to find.
I have attached a screenshot for illustrating where you can find the size information.
I must admit that i misread the numbers, the part is actually 8 mm high. But i think that is still smaller than expected?

If you are comfortable with imperial units you can also download the ruler from the Cloud Library: keyshotcloud://get?eyJpZCI6NjgzNywidHlwZSI6NH0%3D
The ruler should come in correctly scaled when adding it to the scene.
I will request a metric version of the ruler to make live easier for those of us not familiar with imperial units.

Note for anyone else reading this: To download the Ruler via the above link you need to have KeyShot 9 or newer installed on your system.

jhiker

Niko Planke

I am glad we could shed some light on this issue.

Let me know if you experience this issue again.

HaroldL

Niko,The link you provided does not work. I tried it both with and without Keyshot 9.3 running.

DerekCicero

If you open the Cloud Library (lower left hand corner) and go to the Models tab and search for "Ruler" it will show up.

HaroldL

Yup, did that right after I posted the error image here.Thanks.