Displacement animation

Started by Prof, January 20, 2020, 12:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prof

A client wants a squeezing effect animated... like squeezing a soft silicone ball. I'm thinking displacement should work for this, but I'm unclear how it would be done. Would this be possible? If so, I'd appreciate any help offered to point me in the right direction? Thanks.

designgestalt

it is a bit unclear, what exactly you need to do, but this sounds very much like deformation ...

you canĀ“t do any deformation within Keyshot !
This would need to be done in another software (i.e. Houdini, Blender etc ...) and then re-imported to render in Keyshot ...

cheers
designgestalt

Prof

After taking a look at Esben Oxholm's Keyshot webinar 76 on displacement, I thought it might be possible to use a radial map to animate a flexible material. I did a bit of testing and it works... kind of. I can't get the mapping right. I don't have the knowledge to make it work so... unless one of you guru's are up to the challenge, I'm going to end the effort.

designgestalt

hello Prof,
again, if you share some more information, there might be a possibilty, someone has a good idea ...
share some screengrabs, show a short animation ...
cheers
designgestalt

Justin A

We have a great video on using video maps and the displacement node to create the effect of deformation animation.
Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvNkfuAoonU

Let me know if this helps with what you are trying to accomplish.

Justin,
Luxion Support

fercadista

There is a possibility to import a character's FBX animation into Keyshot