Fabric Qi wireless charger

Started by Roshan Hakkim, January 27, 2020, 12:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roshan Hakkim

Hi all,

Thanks to Esben and Magnus renderweekly this month is coming out with some jaw dropping content. Joining the bandwagon with my attempt. More renders are coming out of the machine as I type. Until then these are first batch. Really enjoyed zooming into the details of that braided cord. Hope you all like it as well.

For more content on Instagram just hit the link https://www.instagram.com/p/B71cl5pFO4Y/

nicordf

Great shots Roshan! RealCloth is just amazing

Roshan Hakkim

@nicordf Thanks a lot. Really enjoying realcloth. Combined with fuzz this definitely welcomes soft goods visualization into Keyshot!

Played with it a bit more. Changed the realcloth to felt.

Also showcasing the internals. :)

Roshan Hakkim

Played with lights too.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Super nice stuff all around. Digging it. Little off the realcloth topic, do you do the PCB with some displacement or how do you get all those details?

TGS808

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on February 05, 2020, 05:30:51 AM
Little off the realcloth topic, do you do the PCB with some displacement or how do you get all those details?

Roshan talked a little bit about that here:
https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=24855.0

Will Gibbons

I'd love to see an image of the displacement map used. I assume it's for all the traces on the PCB?

Roshan Hakkim

@Magnus and will - Not using a displacement map, Its actually just a bump map. The displacement achieved better results but actually this was an exploration to see how to achieve a hi res look while keeping the file light. I plan to animate this later on for a project, hence why relying on bump for now. The bump map is just a black and white iamge witha  slight blur to get that fidelity of micro highlights and shadows

Roshan Hakkim

@Magnus - To elaborate only the circuitry is done by maps. The rest are all done in CAD because it was addictive. haha.

One of the key inspiration/reference image is attached along.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Thanks for the breakdown Roshan! Hah, still pretty impressive to model so many details. Patience required : )

Roshan Hakkim

Few unworthy explorations

Zeltronic

Very nice and natural , textures & lights are perfects, great job.

Roshan Hakkim

@zeltronic. Thanks a lot for the appreciation. Was a fun exercise