Procedural wood orientation

Started by paultubiana, February 20, 2020, 09:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paultubiana

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a way to rotate my procedural wood on different parts of my object, for instane a wood chair, keeping the same settings, size, color but with different orientations.
Now I have to split material and rotate them separately, but then it doesn't follow when I change the settings.
Is there an easy way to do it?
I'm running KS9.
Bests !
Paul

HaroldL

Not exactly clear what you mean.  ??? Maybe you could post some screen shots so we can visualize what the problem is.

mattjgerard

Wants to randomize the wood grain rotation without having to create a whole slew of materials. Its been asked on here before, but there is not easy solution. There is no way to randomzie the rotation of a texture on different parts with the same material applied.

One thing I just thought of would be to experiment with MultiMaterials. Create a MM with 4 versions of the main material inside it, and when you open the MM in the material graph, I think you can link one node across all the materials.

paultubiana

Thanks for your reply.
The goal is to rotate the wood grain in the good direction for all pieces with keeping the same material.
So, when I have to change the color of the wood, it's effective on all parts.
See my screenshot, need to rotate part 2 keeping the material linked.
Hope it's clear now.
Thanks for your help