Kitchen Interior WIP 02

Started by HermanCarlsson, January 29, 2020, 12:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HermanCarlsson

Hello, here are some more test renders before I start modeling the next batch of props that I have in mind. Exploring a bit with materials and lighting and also testing some materials in a close-up.
Rendered with Keyshot9 and modeled with Zbrush.

Eric Summers

Nice! The outdoors really adds a lot to the reflections. I'm really enjoying watching the progress of this scene; looking forward to the new props!

HermanCarlsson

@Eric Summers Thank you for the nice feedback. Hopefully it will not take too long before I add some good props : )

Zeltronic

Pretty light, some accessories arranged here and there will certainly add more realism and life to the scene, but the rendering is already very good. ;)

Spydabizkit

WOWZA!  I would love to see how you lit this scene. 

HermanCarlsson

@Zeltronic Thank you, hopefully the props will turn this from good to great : )

@Spydabizkit Thank you, for this render I am just using a free HDRI from hdrihaven (approaching_storm_4k.hdr).

Will Gibbons

This is gorgeous! It's a bit perfect/clean, but I'm sure you'll get to some of the small details. Really like this.

Roshan Hakkim

Great job! Love the balance of outdoors in terms of exposure. Also the distortion on the tiles is simply stunning!

@willgibbons - Agree with him there on it being sparkling clean. Guess its a brand new home. :)

HermanCarlsson

@Will Gibbons and @Roshan Hakkim
Thanks a lot, I am glad you like it. In the end my goal is photorealism so I will put some time into making all materials look more realistic before I am done with this. Thanks both of you for reminding me : )
Also attaching another material test, not sure what materials I want yet but I think i prefer the stone worktop.

Will Gibbons

Dang! That last shot is great. I'm sure you'll get to it, but having a few debris labels with occlusion/curvature on all that white trim would probably go a long way. I'm keeping an eye on this one. Great coffee machine btw.

HermanCarlsson

@Will Gibbons Hehe, thanks alot, I have no idea what you are talking about but I will definitely check the Keyshot manual and see if I can figure out what "debris labels with occlusion/curvature" is : )

edit: Aah, found the curvature texture. Exciting : )

Will Gibbons

Sorry, hah. Just a quick way to add a touch of discoloration/dust/grime in the crevices, or wear on the edges of an area.