Upgrade from Keyshot 8 Pro to Keyshot 9 Pro - is it worth it?

Started by igorko24, February 05, 2020, 11:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igorko24

Hello,
Im thinking about upgrading from K8 to K9 - is it worth it?
Did anyone upgraded already?
Thanks.

Will Gibbons

Yeah, I'd say it's 100% worth it.

On a more detailed note though, you should look at the list of improvements on the KeyShot home page and decide for yourself it it makes sense. Whether it's 'worth it' is very subjective.

Since KeyShot 9 has been available since November 2019, I think quite a few people have upgraded and are enjoying the new features.

igorko24

Thanks, one last question - if I go for Keyshot 9, I heard that its better (?) to render on GPU.
Nevertheless, question is, that whether to go for GTX 1080 Ti or Quadro P5000?
Cpu is 2x Intel Xeon E5-2690 v2 3.0GHz.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: igorko24 on February 12, 2020, 12:14:38 AM
Thanks, one last question - if I go for Keyshot 9, I heard that its better (?) to render on GPU.
Nevertheless, question is, that whether to go for GTX 1080 Ti or Quadro P5000?
Cpu is 2x Intel Xeon E5-2690 v2 3.0GHz.

Sorry if this reply is short. I feel like I've answered this quite a lot lately and will thus probably write an in-depth post/video on it soon. Short answer 'better' needs to be quantified. I don't know what you consider to be 'better'. The hardware rendering your image won't make an image look better or worse (but again, that's still subjective). Some people find that a $1,000 GPU can in some cases render a scene faster than a $1,000 CPU. That's about all I can say at the moment. If you consider that to be 'better', then sure. You need to read up on KeyShot's recommended hardware though. The GPU render mode works best on GPUs with the RTX architecture. Anything other than an RTX card might not provide as fast results.

Please read this before making your decision: https://luxion.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/K9M/pages/1139015787/GPU+Mode