unpleasant repetition of a texture

Started by Philehmann, February 10, 2020, 10:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philehmann

How can the unpleasant repetition of the, in this case galvanic, texture be prevented - with the same scale of texture?

Will Gibbons

If you're using an image texture, then you need what's called a seamless texture. Even if it's seamless though, at that scale, you're likely to see a pattern. The answer is to use a much larger texture that looks more uniform and has no seams. Better yet, use a procedural texture like the built-in noise or fractal noise KeyShot has.

INNEO_MWo

a mix of some procedural textures will create a good galvanized material. Check my attached material file created in KeyShot 9 (thanks to the customer who asked for it)

It's working fine on large scenes as you can see at the window frames (beams).
(I had this render just res up for a minute and the de-noiser killed some details. Just give it a try on your building.

Hope it helps

Cheers
Marco

PS: share your comments and if it works for you - so I can upload it into the KeyShot cloud

Philehmann

Many thanks for the solution approaches.
The input picture is made with the "galvanic" texture under Keyshot 9.
I will try to act according to the solutions.
Philipp.

Philehmann

Dear Marco
Can you post me a screenshot of the material settings (material graph), please - "Learning is copying" Thanks.

INNEO_MWo

Hello Philehmann.

Above the picture you can download the mtl file. So you can import it into your library and check the mat graph and all the parameters. Only thing I didn't do is to describe the nodes with names.

Happy break down!

Cheers
Marco

PS: excuse the fun, but it's time to push the button
https://youtu.be/6aZzVnOmGtY

designgestalt

Philehmann

dear Marco
I'm having a little trouble opening the .mtl with the mac. Can you do a .png of the materialgraph, ask and thanks: Philipp.

Quote from: INNEO_MWo on February 13, 2020, 11:32:05 AM
Hello Philehmann.

Above the picture you can download the mtl file. So you can import it into your library and check the mat graph and all the parameters. Only thing I didn't do is to describe the nodes with names.

Happy break down!

Cheers
Marco

PS: excuse the fun, but it's time to push the button
https://youtu.be/6aZzVnOmGtY

INNEO_MWo

sure. In the attached ZIP file you'll find the screenshots of the nodes.

You cannot import the mtl inside your library using the import option? (maybe confused question of a windows user)

Hope that helps

Cheers
Marco

DMerz III

Philehmann

Confused or not confused.
In any case: thank you very much.

Die schnelle und didaktisch wertvolle Antwort sei Dir herzlich verdankt.
Gruss Philipp.

Quote from: INNEO_MWo on February 17, 2020, 09:08:19 AM
sure. In the attached ZIP file you'll find the screenshots of the nodes.

You cannot import the mtl inside your library using the import option? (maybe confused question of a windows user)

Hope that helps

Cheers
Marco