Main Menu

Autumn Colors

Started by Speedster, February 12, 2020, 09:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all!

Sitting here under 9" of snow, my mind drifted back to Autumn, my favorite time of the year here in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

Finally getting back into the scene again after being MIA this year.  Had a health issue which culminated in a heart valve "minimally invasive" (enters through the groin) TAVR replacement two weeks ago.  Feeling great!  Crazy, as I was awake for the procedure (local only) and swapping war stories with the two surgeons during the procedure!  In on one day, home the next!  Even more crazy is that I had designed the darned device about six years ago!

Anyway, you know by now that I'm a big fan of super-saturated color, and am using it on a number of my new gallery prints.  I know they look ghastly to many of you, but hey, my buyers love them!  They print great on my Epson P800 printer, using 17" x 22" MOAG Museum Luster media, my favorite for color.

Modeled in SolidWorks. KeyShot 9 Pro, "interior mode", at 30 minutes time on 30 cores.  Three physical lights, and an image pin (using the backplate) on the HDR.

Bill G

Will Gibbons

Hey Bill! Awesome to hear you're well. That's quite the story (something I've come to expect from you, haha), and awesome rendering! Definitely brings the autumn feelings back!

Josh3D

Hey Bill! Glad to hear you're well too. Love the story :) and love the color in that shot - that orange just POPS.