Main Menu

Modern bathroom

Started by kamran Rahmani, March 09, 2020, 04:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamran Rahmani

wood, glass, steel
Special thanks to Mr.mohammadreza mohseni @mohseni.mr who made the 3D model of this perfect modern bathroom entitled "Nuremberg Bathroom" and also for his great tips on how to create the rendering preset of this project, I wanted to challenge myself to see whether I can render this project with keyshot like as he did with Corona rendering engine,and here is the result. It completely satisfied me , the new denoising option in Keyshot is perfect for such interior scenes. I love the way keyshot enables you to completely simulate a place according to the reference images,
Total rendering time with keyshot using a core-i7 7700k processor: 42:27min
50 samples

designgestalt

that is really nice, I like it !!
materials and textures are great... maybe a tad to much spray on the mirror ...
and not trying to tease you ... but how does that door close?

cheers
designgestalt

Josh3D

Looks great! Love the frosted glass look.

Kico

Quote from: designgestalt on March 10, 2020, 11:13:53 AM

cheers
designgestalt

I had the same question but then looked at the tiles , they must be square, so I guess it's the perspective ?!

Zeltronic

Agree with designgestalt, the lights are really good and the overall scene is really nice, I also notice that we can see  texture  tilling of the water on the mirror. ;)

HermanCarlsson

Hi, nice looking render!
Can I ask you a question?
Do you use Interior Mode and what kind of lights are you using?
Thanks in advance : )

kamran Rahmani

Quote from: designgestalt on March 10, 2020, 11:13:53 AM

cheers
designgestalt
Hi, Thanks for your kind words, really appreciate it, the thing is that one great challenge of this project is that the area of this bathroom is really small and you need to use a wide lens to present the interior scene, So I used a 22 prespective in this scene and that maybe the reason you think its impossible to close the door,
by the way i will upload a blueprint of the plan in the attachment that is also rendered in Keyshot with both Toon and cutaway materials and some photoshop to add other indicators of the plan, hope you like it!

kamran Rahmani

Quote from: Josh3D on March 11, 2020, 09:21:46 AM
Looks great! Love the frosted glass look.

Thanks Josh, Glad you liked it :)

kamran Rahmani

Quote from: HermanCarlsson on March 12, 2020, 10:18:55 AM
Hi, nice looking render!
Can I ask you a question?
Do you use Interior Mode and what kind of lights are you using?
Thanks in advance : )

Thanks Herman, Glad you liked it,
The lighting setup is not as complicated as it seems, here is the process:
The lighting preset: Interior mode
1- A default HDRI of keyshot with Brightness of 2.2 and Contrast of 1 to simulate the light that enter the space from the window (Dont forget to turn on the Global Illumination if it is off)
2- Three light boxes with 10W area light material illuminate the space
3- some back lights like the ones behind the mirror , 5W area light material for them

I aslo turned on bloom effect for softening the sharp edges of the light.
You can use Caustics but I turned it off due to increasing render time, when your rendering process finishes, Dont forget to turn on denoise option to omit the white over-exposure points in the final shot.

HermanCarlsson

Thanks for the great answer, I will continue my quest to get rid of fireflies when using Interior Mode and only a HDRI as a light source : )