Main Menu

Support for rigged models

Started by garebear, February 18, 2020, 11:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garebear

Would be great to import a model that has been rigged with deformable meshes and be able to manipulate it that way. It would make animations much easier and faster as well as making posing bipeds and figures much easier. Keyshot supports FBX but only the mesh, would be great if it could support the rigging and animations that an FBX can contain, or maybe through the direct import from Keyshot for 3DS Max.

2 easy examples:

1) Currently I'm working on a render of a jet, all of the landing gear motions are rigged but that's useless to me so I have to individually animate (or move) all of the parts to either make two display states or animate it taking off or landing. (another easy example would be car doors opening/closing)

2) When I render out people or characters, I have to pose them in the source program. The workflow is typical until I make some edits to materials that make me want to move something or add a different prop and then I have to re-pose the hands, for instance. It's a guessing game and then I have to re-import and hope the geometry "updates", it often doesn't as I make changes to the geometry frequently within Keyshot that breaks the ability to "update geometry". This would be solved very easily if I was able to move the figure within Keyshot.

Sune

Hi garebear,

Our 3ds Max plugin supports deformable and rigged animations.

You can download it here.