Split Fillet Faces

Started by Don Cheke, February 18, 2020, 08:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Cheke

Is there no way to split surfaces from a filleted box like the one in the example? I can apply materials in TurboCAD to the selected faces but in order to maintain the material structure I have to export out in 3dm format. Trouble with that is I can't always get the tessellation resolution that I want and there is no setting to increase it once it is in KeyShot. IF I export in stp which gives me  the resolution, I loose the materials and I can't split object surfaces in KeyShot

TGS808

Have you tried dialing down the splitting angle number? Take it down to 20 and click on one of the flat planes to see if you can get a separate selection from the fillets. If that's not enough, go lower.

Don Cheke

Quote from: TGS808 on February 18, 2020, 10:16:51 AM
Have you tried dialing down the splitting angle number? Take it down to 20 and click on one of the flat planes to see if you can get a separate selection from the fillets. If that's not enough, go lower.

Thanks for the input. I needed to retessellate first and then change the splitting angle to 1 and it worked well for this situation. This is just a doodle today, while experimenting.

TGS808

I'd say it worked perfectly.  :)